Hotel Housekeeping –
Prior to commencing work, all housekeeping staff, especially
room attendants, must follow some floor rules that lend an air of efficiency
and least inconvenience to guests.
The floor and rooms are most private and personal to guests who are concerned
by the people who frequent them.
They lay a large trust in the management of the hotel through the room
attendants who are privy to their rooms and belongings. To uphold this trust
the following rules must be strictly observed:
amongst the floor staff must be restricted to a minimum. In case
communication is necessary, this must be done in low tones even when
guests are not in sight.
2. Unnecessary movements like running or jumping must be avoided.
3. The passageway must be kept free of equipment, trays or trollies.
4. The floor telephones must be attended to promptly.
5. Room attendants must greet all guests according to the time of the day.
6. Staff must be helpful and readily give required information. Misleading
a guest through misinformation must be avoided.
7. Alertness to guest movements is necessary so as to report anything
8. Remember the guest is always right. Arguing with a guest is prohibited.
If a guest is being unreasonable refer him/her to the next superior.
9. It is prohibited to enter rooms which display a “Do not disturb” sign
outside. If a DND sign is on for a long time, this may be reported to the
10. The door of the room in which the attendant is cleaning should always
be kept wide open.
11. If the guest returns when the room is being cleaned the room attendant
may ask the guest if she can continue or come later.
12. In spite of following the procedure for entering a room, if the guest
is inside either sleeping or awake, quickly withdraw, apologising if required
and shut the door softly.
13. Always follow the procedure of entering a room even if the room is
To Download Hotel Housekeeping
Procedures, Please Visit www.hotelebook.com